Dec 16, 2013

Filling the Bucket Then Kicking it Over

That's totally not depressing. With that image in mind, meet (most of) my bucket list!

10: Publish a novel

Obvious, when you think about what my iQuest passion is but if I don't keep reminding myself what it is I'm working towards or that I could, one day, actually hold my writing in my hands, life gets a little less . . . fun.

9: Find triplets and make them wear these


I can confidently say that my life will not be complete until I see three babies wearing these at the same time.

8: Take a road trip across the country

I've never really had the urge to travel before, not like a "I NEED to go to this place" type of feeling. Like ever. But I've always wanted to drive down Route 66 and get lost in some place I've never been before. I blame the movie Cars.

7: Have a whole room dedicated to books

I want my own library. Remember that scene in The Beauty and the Beast where the Beast gives Belle a library? I want that. I don't necessarily want someone to give it to me (though if someone's willing I certainly won't turn them down) but that's what I want. I want wall to wall shelves covered with books and DVDs and I want a desk and a computer and a couch and a cushy chair in there so that I can sit there forever and just enjoy the company of books.

6: Take my sister out to dinner

A simple plan, I know, but there's more than just a meal to that. I promised my sister that if I ever became famous and made enough money I would take her out to one of those sushi boat places where you pay by the plate and then a Korean barbecue where you grill your own meet (which is surprisingly expensive). Not only do I want to be famous (who doesn't?) but my sister does a lot for me, even if she doesn't know it (nor does she need to).

5: Write a novel

I guess before I can finish #10 I should do this first . . .

4: Fall in love

What can I say? I'm a closet sap.

3: Have my grandma at my college graduation

My grandma's old right now and she'll be even older five years from now but one of the things she's been talking about nonstop ever since my sister was born, was being able to see her grandchildren have a great education. Plus, she'd probably be the most excited one of us to see me graduate.

2: Pay my mom back

She says it doesn't matter, that it's a mom's job to take care of her kids and not expect anything in return, but it's a Chinese thing to repay your parents when you're older for all that they've done for you. Let's be honest, I'm not exactly a ray of sunshine or anything and my future is iffy at best, but my mom's always been there for me and supported me no matter what. I don't really know how to repay her for all that she's done, but I'll sure as hell try.

1: PETS!!

Bet you were expecting something a bit more meaningful, weren't you? Well no way, Jose! I want pets! My grandma used to tell me we couldn't get a dog because she was allergic then when I was about ten years old I found out she just didn't want a dog so she lied to me (gasp!). As a result I want a cat, and a dog, and maybe another cat. And maybe another dog. I've thought a lot about this. My mom used to make fun of me because I used to say that my dream dog was a Husky with blue eyes named Dude (that hasn't really changed, actually).

2 comments:

  1. My last dog was a Husky, with two brown eyes, named Torrey. Here's a video of my Husky playing with my Lab (it's a four year old video.) My Husky is now gone and the lab is full grown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofqQW_TvDww

    ReplyDelete